
The day begins on the ski lift. Nice slow ride, beautiful day.
(Danny looks annoyed, but its all an act. He loves looking at pictures!)


Then the first fall of the day... attempting to dismount the ski lift. By using the word "dismount" it sounds more technical than it really is. But I still have not mastered this skill, so apparently to
me, it is pretty technical.

So realizing that this is only the second time that I have been snowboarding (having also never learned to ski), this was a pretty successful day. I spent a lot more time on my feet than the trip before where I was sure I bruised my tailbone pretty bad. After looking at photos of Danny and I, I started wondering... Do all beginners keep their arms in the air for balance too, or am I just a dork? I have also observed that this is a sport that is easier to learn as a child. Some of those 4 year olds on skis beat me down the mountain!

This is my very patient snowboarding instructor. Ignore him pointing to his imaginary watch, insinuating that it was taking too long to get down the mountain, or maybe that I was taking too long of a break, because he was very patient. Having never taught anyone to snowboard, I think he did a great job.

I did spend a fair amount of time on my butt too.


I was very impressed that I finally figured out how to zig zag down the mountain. I guess I have only figured out how to zig, not yet how to zag. Getting from your back edge to your front edge is pretty tricky for me, and a little scary too.

Danny got to do a few runs other than the bunny hill that day, so hopefully he had fun too!
Last year Danny told me, "You have to go more than once because you will hate your first try." He was right, I really did hate my first try. This year was much better. It's a lot more fun when you stay on your feet for more than 5 seconds at a time!
2 comments:
I didn't know you had a blog!!!!!!!!!! I love it!! Your snowboarding adventures look fun! Pebble was good on Sunday. You need to come up there! We all need to get together. Maybe for Jason's bday.
Jill, you totally look pro! I have never snow boarded, but I think it would be a lot harder than skiing. Especially if being sideways isn't like second nature to you. I know it's not to me...
Post a Comment