Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Moab!

The Canyonlands Half Marathon was a great time even though I didn't get the time I wanted. I finished in 2.04:46, the longest 2 hours of my life! I was number 1467 of 3284 people who finished the race. And as predicted, Brookney kicked my butt in her first half marathon. It was a beautiful course along the Colorado River and was a good 70 degrees outside. I was definitely not used to the heat!


The day after the race, instead of relaxing, we went on a pretty rough mountain bike trail on the famous slick rock. It was nothing like any trail in Idaho.



The boys aren't in any of the photos because they were serious about their biking, while Brookney and I took our time and had a nice ride out of it. They waited for us at the top and we all went for a short hike to check out the view before coming back down.



Next was the site seeing. These are petroglyphs near the Delicate Arch.

The Delicate Arch was about a mile and a half hike, that was well worth the effort.



Hanging out at the campsite.


No comments: